Risk Free 365 Day Returns
All items sent back to Bulk Reef Supply need a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) supplied by BRS. To get an RMA number and return instructions, please contact us directly.
Phone - 763-432-9691
Email - Support@bulkreefsupply.com
Return Address - Please be sure the RMA number is included with your return package along with all of the original product packaging, user manuals, and accessories.
Bulk Reef Supply
6325 Sandburg Rd
Minneapolis, MN 55427
No longer need what you ordered? Ordered one too many? We've got your back.
We're happy to accept returns of most* new products in their original packaging within 365 days of the original purchase for a full refund. Just give us a call or send us an email!
- Placed your order in the last 60 days? Nice! Choose between a refund to your original form of payment or Reward Points – your call.
- Over 60 days? No problem. We'll issue your refund in the form of Reward Points, which you can use like cash on our site!
*Some exclusions apply. Drop-shipped items, frozen foods, live goods, and items sold under clearance are not eligible for return to Bulk Reef Supply. See details below.
Changed your mind about a product after opening the box and it's still unused? We can help.
Hold on to your packaging! As long as the item was purchased from our website within the last 30 days, is unused, and has never touched water, we can accept a return and offer a refund minus a 10% restocking fee.
- Products must be returned in the original packaging. Products returned with broken manufacturer seals, damaged or altered packaging, missing packing material, warranty cards, manuals, and/or accessories will be treated as unused but open items.
- Items purchased as new but have been opened and received more than 30 days after the original purchase will be returned to you free of charge.
- Items that have been used or show exposure to water are not eligible for return and will be returned to you free of charge.
- All items sold under a clearance, blowout, or liquidation are final and not eligible for return.
Dry goods drop-shipped via normal shipping methods including UPS, FedEx, DHL, or USPS will be accepted for return to Bulk Reef Supply. The item must be new and unused with all original packaging and shipped back to Bulk Reef Supply at your expense; return shipping labels will not be provided for drop-shipped items. Upon receipt of the drop-shipped item at BRS, we will inspect the item's condition and process a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Tanks, Sump, and other large items shipped via freight/LTL are not eligible for return to Bulk Reef Supply. Should you wish to return an oversized drop-shipped item, our customer service team will help you reach out to the supplier directly to inquire about eligibility. If the drop-shipped item is eligible for a return, the supplier will most often charge a restocking fee and require the item to be shipped back at your expense.
We do not accept returns for any live goods or frozen/refrigerated foods; once the order is placed, we cannot cancel the order.
Open Box Sales & Returns
We sell a variety of products at a discount simply because the box was opened due to internal testing or perhaps a fellow reefer changed their mind. Lucky for you, this means big savings on brands and products that otherwise are rarely on sale via our Open Box section.
All Open Box products can be returned to us within 30 days of the purchase date and a refund will be issued to your original method of payment. NOTE: Items sold as Open Box are NOT eligible for exchange. All open box items returned must be in the same condition they were sold as, with all included accessories. If they are not, BRS reserves the right to charge a 10% restocking fee. Any damaged or defective items must be reported to BRS within 3 business days of receiving the order.
Reward Points & Returns
Reward points earned on the original order will be deducted from the account upon accepting the return. If the Reward Points have already been used the overall refund will have a corresponding deduction.
Notes for All Shipments & Returns:
- Shipping & delivery fees are non-refundable
- Gift cards are non-refundable
- Return shipping may be deducted from your refund
- Please retain all product packaging and tags until you're completely satisfied with your purchase
- Please open all packages and inspect all items for damage immediately upon arrival. Damages must be reported within 3 business days of the reported delivery.
- Warranty returns undergo internal testing by a product expert. Items determined to be fully functional will be returned to you and you will be charged the associated fees and shipping charges.
- You may use your own shipping method to return items or if you are in the 48 contiguous USA you can utilize our $9.99 flat-rate return shipping (per package) and we will email you a UPS label(s) - Flat rate return shipping excludes but is not limited to drop-shipped items, aquariums, stands, sumps, salt, rock, light fixtures, bulbs, and other overweight or oversized items.
- Policies on this page apply to non-wholesale accounts only
Manufacturer Defects & Warranties
It doesn't happen often, but when it does, we'll work with you to make it right.
If your product arrives non-functional due to manufacturer defects, it may be exchanged for the same product within 30 days at no cost to you!
Purchased more than 30 days ago, but need warranty support? We'll ensure your issue is handled fast and efficiently by acting as the first point of contact. We'll introduce you to the best contact at the manufacturer, and make sure the manufacturer knows of the issue you're encountering!
Bulk Reef Supply Products
If the item is a BRS brand product and it doesn't function correctly or ceases to work within the warranty period, please contact us for a replacement. Warranty periods will begin on the original date of purchase from BulkReefSupply.com and the exact length of the warranty period is specific to the product. Please reference the product descriptions for accurate warranty periods.
Bulk Reef Supply RO/DI Systems are covered under our limited lifetime warranty - Learn More
Bulk Reef Supply warrants all AquaMaxx products to be free from manufacturing defects for one year from the original purchase date when purchased through an authorized AquaMaxx retailer. - Learn More
Damaged in shipping? We'll Exchange the product - at no cost to you.
In the event an item is damaged in transit, contact us within 3 business days of delivery and we will replace the item free of charge and cover the cost of shipping you the replacement! All damaged products and packaging must be kept, as UPS may need to inspect the package in order to evaluate it. Emailing us pictures of the damage isn't always necessary, but it is greatly appreciated. Please open all packages and inspect all items for damage immediately upon arrival.
Drop-shipped items damaged during shipping?
Contact us within 3 business days of the delivery and we will get in touch with the supplier directly to request a replacement shipment and provide further instructions. Retain the damaged product along with all original packaging. Damaged drop shipments are handled by the supplier directly.
Dry or Live Rock damaged during shipping?
BRS makes every effort to package rock securely for safe arrival but couriers do not allow the rock to be insured. Because of this, there is some inherent risk with shipping dry/live rock across the country and it is impossible to replace or refund broken pieces. If this happens, most pieces can be repaired with epoxy or superglue.
Live goods or frozen food damaged during shipping?
If the shipment is damaged in transit or lost, please contact our customer service team right away for a timely resolution.